When you're spending plenty of time at home during this lockdown, we have the perfect at-home project for you: Plant some herbs.
They grow well indoors and outdoors, they’re cheap to grow and it gives you — and maybe the kids — something to do other than endlessly scan the news and stare at Netflix (although here are other fun things you can do)
What you will need:
Otima Quatro container
Wooden craft sticks
Steps to planting the herbs:
- You can either choose to grow your herbs separately in 600ml containers or you can plant two or three different herbs together in a 3.5L container.
- Choose your herbs and buy herb seeds or see if you can get hold of a free cutting.
- Choose somewhere sunny for your herb garden to live such as a sunny spot on your patio or a windowsill that receives a good amount of sun.
- Place the egg carton in the container.
- Fill each space in the egg carton halfway with soil.
- Place the seeds from each herb in their own sections of the egg carton.
- Sprinkle some soil over the seeds.
- Water the seeds and place your egg carton in your container/s.
- Place your container/s in the home your have chosen for your herb garden.
- Label each of your herbs by using the craft sticks and marker.
- Water with a spray bottle daily until the soil is damp.